Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shoes

I went to buy shoes for the wedding yesterday. Mother of the bride, you know. I wanted stylish but comfortable. It was like chasing after a dream. I had the formula figured out:  low-heeled black pumps, cushioned inside, with sufficient arch supports. Not sure which of those attributes was the most difficult to find, but I expect the comfortable part was the most illusive. Bayonet-pointed toes. Now really. No one has spires on the front ends of her feet. So add six-inch heels to those pointy-toes and call on the forces of gravity to help push square feet into funnels. Don't think so, not in this way-too-short lifetime. Found an almost-agreeable pair that, if not exactly trend-setting, will at least blend into the overall mother-of-the-bride effect I want to convey. I probably won't be doing a lot of dancing anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hello N.J., You are so funny:) Take them off to dance,you only have to wear them once:) Remember I hate shoes too. Hope Kristen has a Beautiful Wedding. Take lots of pictures??:) I know just plain silly asking if you will take pictures.
    Love you Sweet Friend:)

    ReplyDelete