Thursday, August 13, 2009

AWOL Heifers

This afternoon, I went with Larry to find his wandering heifers. The six of them had gone to the neighbors' pastures to visit but didn't bother to leave a note telling him where they were going or, for that matter, when they planned to be back. They had left evidence of their visits and didn't bother to hide their tracks, so with the help of several individuals who had seen them, we found them. They followed Larry's little red truck across a half mile of pasture but balked at traveling on the road to return to their home. In round two, we'll try leading them to a friendly neighbor's corral, loading them into a stock trailer and chauffeuring them back to their home trough.

2 comments:

  1. Well Neva Joyce, That sounds like something your kids would do:) I have been reading Kim's blog.What an adventure she will have! We went several years ago,and loved it. I am not very good at F.B. a little better at my blog. Did I see that you are retiring??? Love Ya, Me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this was just too funny....mainly because I can just really visualize this!! Hahahaha! I didn't know you had a blog too. Ours is www.wackypetersons.blogspot.com It's mainly about Sam Curtis but sometimes Kelly and I get a post in there. =0) Hope your heifers made it home safely. Just party till then...

    ReplyDelete